Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Inaugural Foray

The description of this blog is no joke.  I had to look up exactly what blog means.  (It is a truncation of 'web log' for any other old farts out there who are too embarrassed to admit they don't know either).  I get the concept of what a 'blog' is, of course, or at least what people who have them put in them.  I have been lurking in the OSR blogosphere for years, picking up cool stuff for games, reminiscing with product reviews on books I lost in some move or basement flooding incident, and thinking to myself how I would do it differently...

Then my 2 year long online D&D 3.5 game ended and I heard that some people were playing old-school D&D and various retro-clones on Google Hangouts and resolved to find out what a Google Hangout was.  After a couple of weeks of getting into some pretty cool games I found out that with my newly active Google account I could rant to the world for free with Blogger!

I'm not a super creative person, but I do love to take other peoples ideas and tweak and twist them, maybe coming up with something different, or at least usable in a different way, from time to time.  So, that's what I'll try to do here.

One blog I've been following for a long time and using for inspiration and entertainment is +Dyson Logos  blog Dyson's Dodecohedron.  I followed his excellent tutorials on how to make amazing hand drawn maps and here is my first completed attempt after some practice.



So there it is.  Post 1 of hopefully some few more to come.  While drawing this map my mind ran off with some ideas for what lives here (the map title might be a little hint) and I wrote down some descriptions that I'll clean up and add here later with a keyed version of the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment